21.7.11

You ARE EATING SHIT ... I paraphrase

After midnight horrors, Goldy gets reflexive ....

Then I let out a long, welcome fart. Oh. It was the beans. I eventually fell back to sleep.

But it got me thinking once again about the absolute insanity of an industrial food system in which we have been taught to treat the meat we consume as if it were dangerous medical waste. You might think me crazy for my groggy, early morning hypochondria, but if you've ever suffered a case of severe food poisoning, I think you'd understand. It's the status quo that is crazy, not me, that we should so legitimately fear the food we eat. Read the warning labels on the meat packaging itself, or read the CDC statistics on foodborne illness, and then tell me I'm blowing things out of proportion.

No hay comentarios: